Joss & Main

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

These Are A Few of My Favorite Things...

"And these are a few of my favorite things..." Most of you out there grew up watching the Sound of Music. This was one of my favorite movie songs growing up. I had a few others but they were all from Disney lol. Today I'll be sharing with you a few of my favorites from around the net. 

First, a trip down memory lane...

That's right. A Track. Outdoor track to be precise. I loved this sport. Ha who am I kidding, I still LOVE track. Not the field part so much. I was never coordinated enough to do all the jumping and throwing. Most of you who know me know that I was a sprinter. I ran the 100, 200, 400(most hated), 4x100(my favorite) relay and the 4x400 relay. What I love about running is the freedom you feel. It's just you. You can relax, find your pace and just go. The reason I loved the relays so much was because I felt that I could run faster with other people depending on me. There was also a bond between you and three other people.



Christian Louboutin. That's it. 'Nuff said.



Leonid Afremov. He is a world renowned artist who paints these amazing vivid impressionist portraits of people, cityscapes and objects. I adore his work and although I don't own any originals yet, I do own two reproductions and a hand embellished giclee.

Farewell to Anger

Loneliness of Autumn




I got a sound bite of this album watching Late Night with Jimmy Fallon while he was hosting Timber-week with Justin Timberlake. I especially love track 2 Pusher Love Girl. It has a soulful sound to it. It's smooth.



Something I've always been fond of was glass. Plain, thick glass. I love glass because it is characteristically transparent. I hate surprises and I prefer to "see" everything. I'm a planner and a bit of a control freak. But I love the curved edges of recycled glass. It brings a softness. It's not as sharp.





These are just cool. I found these at Z Gallerie. They cost about $31 for a set of four of one kind. I bought four tumblers and four high balls for $2.99 a piece at HomeGoods. Right on HomeGoods, right on.




New fragrance I pulled out of a magazine is the new Jimmy Choo scent Flash. I love how light and springy, summery and fabulous it is. It'll make you feel fresh and feminine all day long. 






I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little bit more. I surely enjoyed sharing a little more of myself with you! 






No comments:

Post a Comment